System Integration & Support Engineer
Location: Newbury & Client Sites
Passionate about customer success? Tenacious about support? Driven to do what’s needed, not what’s easy? If the answer to these is yes then Exonar could be the the perfect home for you!
We’re on the lookout for smart, motivated engineers to join our system integration and support team to help our customers achieve great things!
Our platform uses a mix of big data, machine learning and other cool tech to understand & manage information simply, instantly and at scale. It’s deployed as part of a large information governance, data discovery and GDPR programmes – hence why we call it system integration and support.
You’ll be part of a small technical team working with clients. There’s a large engineering team to back you up and a client consulting team to help customers get the best out of the platform once it’s deployed.
It doesn’t matter if you’re an old hand, new to the game or looking to get away from the corporate grind – what matters to us most is your attitude.
Exonar is a fun and friendly place to work, benefitting from a start up culture and the opportunity to work with and learn from a fantastic group of colleagues. You will be working on new challenges every day and will find yourself pushing the boundaries of your knowledge and developing new skills frequently.
A huge benefit of working for Exonar is the flexibility you’ll have in developing yourself and shaping your role. You will work with a supportive and close knit team, and will have responsibility for delivering client success and the opportunity to drive the growth of the company from day one.
If you are motivated by solving complex problems with out of the box thinking, and providing solutions that deliver real results, you’ll enjoy Exonar.
Did we mention, there’s a gin club started by the CEO? Don’t be surprised, we also have:
- Regular company BBQ’s and social events
- Time for hackathons / meetups / industry events
- Exonar university
- Espresso Machine/Beer Fridge/Soft drinks
- Small office on the side of the canal in picturesque Newbury
- Anything else you want to start – poker night and standup paddle board club have been rumoured!
For more details and an initial chat, please get in touch.
- Ensuring clients get an excellent level of service!
- Working with customers to Integrate our platform into their environment.
- Training on admin/use of the platform.
- Helping our customers when they have a problem or need help.
- Be proactive – e.g. monitoring, reporting, spotting issues before they get logged and looking for root cause and improvements in the platform.
- Testing, deployment and troubleshooting of new product features.
- Innovate and contribute to the uptake of the Exonar platform (this could be process, companion apps, scripts or training and development).
- Take lessons and feedback from customers into the product and company processes.
Required profile, skills and experience
Proactive system integration and support will come as second nature to you and you’ll be able to demonstrate this through experience in customer facing positions.
The platform is a combination of our own hardware and software integrated as a cluster of appliances for the client. Our stack includes: CentOS; Hadoop; Postgres; ElasticSearch; and custom Java Middleware. We have a container based approach (LXC) and use puppet for software configuration.
We don’t expect you to know all of these but solid experience in linux system administration, networking and application deployment and support is expected.
You’ll be as comfortable demonstrating new features or joining a client call as you will be checking application logs, restarting services and delving into the heart of the system to troubleshoot an issue.
You must be able to demonstrate clear and logical thinking combined with the curiosity to understand the how, what, why and when of our technology.
If this is the role for you please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com