We’re looking for an experienced business/data analyst to support our growing customer base.
You’ll draw on business analysis methods, client management experience plus your analytical and technical skills to drive successful outcomes for our clients as they develop use-cases for our technology.
If you’re passionate about customers and helping them get value from their data this is a fantastic opportunity to work with leading edge tech and high-profile clients.
What we do
Exonar enables organisations to understand the content and intent of the structured and unstructured information they hold and take action on the insights they discover.
We use big data technology to ingest, index and organise data at scale as part of large information data governance, data discovery and privacy programmes.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be the solution expert responsible for advanced analysis using Exonar software, including:
- Understanding customer objectives; translating business needs into technical options.
- Using the Exonar software (data searches and analysis) to evaluate and trial candidate options to fulfil the customer objectives.
- Working with clients and partners to implement the options: using the Exonar software; by training client staff; or by developing scripts to work with the Exonar software.
Where customer objectives involve product enhancements or co-development activity, you’ll provide the business analyst perspective to:
- Elicit, gather, process and present requirements from and to stakeholders.
- Understand the linkage between requirements, business processes and expected benefits.
- Support the definition, trial and evaluation of potential solutions.
You’ll work alongside our engineering, delivery and training leads on a mix of one-off, partner and long-term engagements spanning early customer engagement through to delivery.
Your skills & experience
This role may suite an individual who’s currently a business analyst with a specialism in data analysis; or is currently a data analyst with experience in business analysis.
Ideally, you’ll have a background in both with a good proportion of the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience in data analysis and discovery (ideally unstructured and structured data).
- Practical knowledge of BA techniques and methodologies (ideally working with enterprise customers, software development teams and leading-edge technology).
- Enjoy working with customers; leading, advising and challenging when needed.
- Soft skills to inspire confidence, ability to articulate complex issues easily, gravitas and ability to deal with unexpected events and change.
- Technical skills to support advanced data analysis and use-case development using our technology. Augmenting with off platform analysis, e.g. SQL, BI tools & scripting using python or similar where needed.
- Ability to undertake probability/numerical analysis (e.g. data science/analysis, science degree or more preferably direct experience).
- Previous participation in discovery, privacy or information/data governance programmes in large enterprises a bonus.
Exonar is a fast-paced and friendly place to work, benefiting from a ‘scale up’ culture and the opportunity to work with and learn from a fantastic group of colleagues.
We’re backed by some of the most highly respected venture capitalists in the UK and poised to grow strongly over the next few years. We have around 35 employees today, with offices in Reading and huge growth ambitions.
A huge benefit of working for Exonar is the flexibility you’ll have in developing yourself and shaping your role.
If you are motivated by solving complex problems with out-of-the-box thinking, and providing solutions that deliver real results, you’ll enjoy working at Exonar.
What we offer
Aside from being part of an exciting business in the world of data, we offer:
- Flexible working organisation with tools for mixed home/office/client locations
- Strong management team and positive company culture
- Competitive salary
- ‘Unlimited’ holidays and flexible working arrangements
- Espresso machine / beer & wine fridge / soft drinks
- Regular company social events & clubs (virtual when required!)
If the role sound exciting to you, then get in touch with a covering note and a copy of your CV to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch.