Exonar recognises that the key to information security in an organisation lies in understanding the value of their information. This same understanding of the value of information enables organisations to manage the risks and realise the opportunities that are buried within the digital landfill of unstructured information that exists in every organisation. The Exonar platform enables our clients to look at all of their information, grasp insight & deliver business action. The technology makes this process simple, rapid & repeatable. It’s a layer within an organisation, it ingests, distils & interrogates data, delivering insight & measuring success against the business’ objectives.
Our platform scales to billions of documents, and uses unique language processing and machine learning techniques to understand the value and characteristics of data to protect and manage its value.
We are a dynamic, small but growing, agile business where you would be joining a team of incredibly smart and motivated individuals, striving for excellence in all we do.
Who We Need
We are looking for a motivated DevOps engineer who is interested in enabling our advanced information discovery platform powered by Big Data tech.
Working within a small agile engineering team, the role will involve automating as much as possible the deployment of the application, in both appliance and cloud environments.
A part of this role is also responding to internal and external requests, for infrastructure and software support.
- University degree in software engineering, computer science, a related discipline or appropriate industry experience
- Minimum of 2 year’s professional experience in using Linux, ideally CentOS/RedHat
- Comfortable with Bash scripting
- Comfortable with virtualisation and containers
- Attention to detail and reliability
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Azure, or similar public/private cloud
- Experience with Puppet, or similar configuration management tool
- Experience with networking: DHCP, DNS, VPN, etc.
- Experience with Jenkins, or similar, and with CI/CD pipelines in general
- Experience with Elasticsearch, HBase, PostgresQL
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Corporate benefits including pension
The Culture at Exonar
- Regular company BBQ’s and social events
- Monthly hackathons
- Espresso machine / beer fridge / soft drinks
- Small office on the side of the canal in picturesque Newbury
- Your choice of hardware
Where the Role is Based
The role is based in Newbury, Berkshire
If this is the role for you please send your CV with a covering letter to Samuel.email@example.com